Which kind of experiments can you do?
That depends on your creativity and the sensors you have available.
- Are you cold at night? You can measure the temperature in your room overnight and see if the temperature changes
- Does your dog snore? You can measure how often there’s a loud sound by your dog’s bed
- Is the apple tree getting enough water? You can measure the humidity in the soil by the tree and see how it changes depending on the weather
- How much CO2 is in the classroom and what happens when you open the window?
Wappsto:bit works directly out of the box
- Plug your micro:bit into the Wappsto:bit
- Tell which sensor data to send using Wappsto building blocks in Microsoft MakeCode
- Your micro:bit automatically connects to the internet and your data is saved
- The world is your playground, go on an adventure and experiment!
SLX Wappsto:bit is an extension board for the BBC micro:bit, which connects the micro:bit to the cloud so you can view collected data and otherwise interact with your micro:bit. Wappsto:bit opens up a world of new possibilities for fun and educational projects with your micro:bit.
To get started you’ll need
- A BBC micro:bit (v1 eller v2, sold separately)
- Extra sensors only makes it more fun (sold separately)
- SIM card with data subscription if you use the NB-IoT or NB-IoT+ versions outside of Wi-Fi range
You get all this with Wappsto:bit
- Easy setup by scanning a QR code
- Drag-and-drop programming using MicroSoft MakeCode
- You choose which sensor data to send and when, and it’s automatically sent to the cloud
- Secure connection with encrypted data transfer
- It’s easy to make graphs to explore your data in your personal dashboard
- Data can easily be exported to a spreadsheet
- Subscription to Wappsto by Seluxit (not including mobile data) with up to 1.000.000 free measurements a month (plenty for most adventures!)
- With the NB-IoT version you can send data outside Wi-Fi range
- With the NB-IoT+ version you can also map your sensordata using GPS
- You can use a laptop or powerbank for power
Wappsto:bit is available in 3 versions, depending on your chosen adventure
- SLX Wappsto:bit Basic with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- SLX Wappsto:bit NB-IoT with the above, as well as connectivity via 5G NB-IoT
- SLX Wappsto:bit NB-IoT+ with all the above plus GPS
With Wappsto:bit Basic, you can send data through your home Wi-Fi network. With the NB-IoT versions, you can also connect using a SIM card and the 5G standard NB-IoT. That makes it possible to take your experiments out on the go, using for example a powerbank. With the NB-IoT+ version, you also have GPS so you can see on a map where your data has been collected.
Important: Wappsto:bit does NOT include a BBC micro:bit nessecary for use!
If you don’t already have a BBC micro:bit, you’ll need to purchase one separately.